Revision and Studying Skills
Revision is considered by many pupils as Heavy-duty task that increases stress. It is possible, that a student might develops boredom feelings and gets driven into depression and eventually abandoning studying .Consequently, this situation can evoke dropping out of schools.
What are the best methodologies for fruitful study?
1. Start by having a quick look into the materials in hand or chapters intended to be studied, this task is supposed to be a swift and should not last for more than 5 minutes at most. In order to formulate general idea about the text, read through the introductory part quickly and look at the main titles and subtitles and the summary if any.
2. Write some questions about the text, it is recommended that you use the titles and subtitles to formulate some questions.
3. Start reading silently, note that reading at this stage is aimed at answering earlier formulated questions ; this is expected to increase your concentration span.
4. In every paragraph, look for the topic sentence "content sentences", as it is the one that conveys the main ideas of the text.
5. Jot down topic sentences or keep repeating it over and over, this technique will help you to memorize probably.
6. Write down all extracted ideas including the topic sentence in a special journal or some papers.
7. Try to approach the materials understudy in depth in a variety of ways; and try to analyze it and find out about liner relationship and inner links that connects its parts and hold a comparison among its parts as this will refine and deepen understanding.
How to plan my studying schedule "organizer"?
1.Only, after having sufficient amount of rest after school' start your revision session. Note that the studying time should not last more than two hours; as over studying might cause boredom and you should maintain a ten minutes break.
2.Do not strain yourself to any dead times for studying sessions as doing so might enforce you to rush up and thereby misunderstand the text . It could also push you to leave the subject of study unfinished and lose your way away from the pre-set study schedule.
3.In case of an unexpected arising situation, that forces you to neglect the schedule; don't panic and calm down. You can always rearrange the schedule so that you can find your feet in the new situation.
4.Finally ,It is better to start your revision with the recent studied materials first, hence its easier to follow up the new take in lessons than going back to old ones . It will also enable you to quickly find weakness points and therefore seek teachers support.
What are the best revision methods to prepare on exams days?
1.Be sure to include the entire school subjects into your revision schedule.
2.Be sure to maintain satisfactory amount of rest and have good amount of sleeping and food; as comprising any of these two elements might negatively affect your health.
3.It is very important to give special attention to weakness spots; hence postponing hard parts could provoke concerns and worries and therefore it might affect negatively perception and leaning.
4.It is very useful to set for a mock exam. You can prepare the exam yourself or you can ask an adult for help. It is expected that such exam is going to ease the tension away and help you to pinpoint your strong and weak points.
5.Avoid studying shortly before setting for the exam as it might increase tension and thereby negatively affect your performance.
Are there any advices to be considered while studying?
1.Breakfast is very important meal for your body to function probably, eat it all.
2.Being well organized in addition to family support are key factors for better results.
3.Do not tire your eyes and maintain correct body position by keeping 40 cm between your eyes and the book.
4.Be fully mindful and thoughtful about what you write in your journal.
5.Feel the overwhelming power of knowledge.
6.Do your best and have trust in God.
How to manage your time?
Time management is an essential skill for everyday life; unfortunately many people are living without any organization in their life; they approach their days empty handed and without any planning of their goals, therefore they lose their efforts in vain.
In order to assist you dear reader; we are giving you some of the practical ideas that can help you to be more organized:
1.Prepare a list of the expected tasks of the next day on a notebook and use it to organize your schedule. Gradually, cross out all the tasks completed with a pen.
2.Use abbreviations to write down your tasks.
3.Assign sufficient time for every task and mark the starting and finishing time.
4.Categorize the tasks in hand according to place so that you can follow up and move easily.
5.Make your list flexible, so that you can add tasks or delete them if needed.
6.Leave a margin for emergency cases such as a visiting guest or car breakdown or any unexpected cases.
7.Make use of any waiting time to do smaller tasks which can be combined with other tasks.
8.If your schedule is more supple then do take hold of the chance to add variety to you program by doing different types of tasks such as socializing with friends or practice personal interests and sports and outdoor tasks.
9.Allocate sufficient time for your main projects and self development programs and practicing positive thinking.
10.It is preferable if you design your own daily format to fill in your tasks.
11."Reflect on your day before you go to bed. You should forget not to properly take care of your spiritual needs, read some verses of The Holy Quran and say your prayers.
Source: Eyewitness on Cleanness.